Saturday 2 June 2012

DRaW, Appropiation

Is it appropriate to say, non Maori can have a taamoko, I think it is at some point, like if you would to have kids, an they are part Maori, I think you could wear a taamoko to represents your kids. But having a taamoko, it comes with history, because being a Maori you need to know where your from, so the artist knows what to draw. I remember this old fella telling my mum, that this young guy came to him asking if he could get a taamoko from him, and he asked him, ok where are you from, and he said, I dont no, so he told no I would not give you a taamoko, because he told him to go home and find out where your from. Then he would give him a taamoko. I also think non Maori should not have a taamoko, because they are not Maori and they are not from here, and theirs no point asking that non Maori where they are from, because the taamoko represents where the Maori's are from in New Zealand. But non Maori people have Maori patterns and it would mean something to them, but they can not say they have taamoko.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.