Thursday 29 March 2012

askew1

On Thursday I went to a art gallery in town. I went to go see Askew1 artwork  at the Australian art gallery and his show was called the Smoke Effect.  What I expected to see from artist was what he mostly dose, witch is graffiti.  The paintings that he made was alright because to me the paintings look kind of like his graffiti work, the type of graffiti style he dose, but because I'm not that interested in graffiti, like I was be for, but what I did find interesting was, all his paintings, the black part, looked like it was screen printed and the hole thing in color was hand painted. I would say that the hole day was kind of a waste of day but i think at the end of the day we as a class we got to go on a trip. I was disappointed that we had to make our own way out into town. We also got to visit other gallery's like Fingers and the other gallery's close to the fingers gallery. We saw Bepen's artwork of a man and a woman on those workout bikes with their eyes wiped out, so its just their face with no eyes. At first I was like, what is this all about, then Bepen was saying that his pice was about how their are always Hollywood people in workout adds that he would just be funny to wipe the eye from the man and woman face. Later that day we had a lunch break, then we had a choice to ether go visiting other gallery's or just go home. After lunch I made up my mined to go back to school to finish off some work of my own. This picture (it is the gift and the curse) it was up in his exhibition. This was also the painting at Askew exhibition and its one of all paintings that the black looks like its been screen printed. I wanted to touch this painting because it looked like it was painted with oils.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hemi,
    thanks for showing me through your blog today and allowing me to do some editing, it will be great if you could continue this on to the other blogs that we didn't get to. It is always best practice to have correct spelling and grammar. Your writing has improved so much this year, you should feel proud of your progress. Your analysis of what it is you are looking at is becoming more sophisticated and it is great to see you employing art terminology, Good work!
    FH

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.